Blogging is the way you can share your experiences, thoughts, opinions, and interests with numerous people. This is why almost every literate person tries to maintain a personal blog site. It adds value to the professional life as well.
But like any website, themes play an important role in the feature, functionality, and beautification of any blogging site. In this article, we’ll introduce you to some best personal blog WordPress themes so you can choose the right one for your site.
Take a quick look at the plugins in the table below.
Number of Sales
Let’s explore them.
GroundWP is a promising WordPress theme. It allows users to design their websites using the default WordPress Block editor. If you are looking to design a minimalist and lightweight website, you must try out this theme.
GroundWP is a highly customizable theme. If you feel the default Gutenberg block editor isn’t enough, you can install any Gutenberg-supporting plugin on your site, like Ultimate Blocks. All these will enable you to enjoy unlimited design opportunities.
GrowndWP is a beginner-friendly theme. You don’t have to invest much in the learning curve. You can use this theme on various websites alongside personal blogging.
- Harnesses the power of Gutenberg block editor
- Allows high level of customization
- Has a growing pattern library for unique web creation
- Offers full-site editing experience
- Useful for creating a variety of websites
- Comes with built-in fluid typography
- Swift, minimalistic, and lightweight
2. Lets Blog
Lets Blog is a clean, minimalist, and elegantly designed WordPress theme, perfect for blogging and magazine sites. It can give you an exquisite taste for any type of blogging domain, like travel, fashion, lifestyle, sports, and more.
Lets Blog is highly optimized for SEO. It promises to increase the visibility of your website on search engines as long as you curate quality content. It offers you a high degree of customization opportunities.
Detective responsiveness is another standout feature. It enables you to make the theme perfectly responsive for all devices from backend with just one click in the backend.
- Offers numerous demos with a one-click demo importer
- Has custom sidebars, custom widgets, and a mega menu
- Easy to personalize the web color, font, menu, and other elements
- Built-in social options for sharing content on social platforms
- Comes with multiple cache and SEO plugins
- Comprehensive documentation and robust support
TheBlogger is a modern WordPress theme for bloggers. It will get many classic flavors in it as well. The theme gives you excellent content creation opportunities for all blogging genres. Appearance isn’t the only standout part of the theme.
TheBlogger is equipped with too many features and functionalities both for beginners and pro users. It has many pre-designed demos, so you get an instant starting point. Plus, you’ll get an intuitive live customizer, enabling you to see the changes in real-time.
TheBlogger gives you access to extensive documentation and support forums.
- One-click demo importer with many responsive demo templates
- Allows you to create beautiful image galleries
- Multiple header variations, unlimited sidebars, and custom widgets
- Offers many mobile-friendly components for the best experience
- Translation-ready and supports 800+ Google fonts
- Includes Easy Social Share Buttons and ConvertPlug plugins
- Compatible with Ninja form and retina-ready
4. The Fox
The Fox is a stunning WordPress theme designed meticulously for blogs, magazines, and news websites. You will find so many features and functionalities in it that you are bound to fall in love with it. The Fox offers you 30+ demo templates.
You’ll get a drag-and-drop header builder in it by which you can create unlimited header styles. It has a comprehensive library of elements like logos, menus, buttons, social icons, etc. Using the versatile footer layout, you set any footer ratio you want.
The Fox is compatible with WooCommerce. It allows you to create robust review sections, adding unlimited criteria.
- Comes with a built-in page builder for advanced customization
- Also compatible with the Elementor page builder
- Provides a mega menu builder and unlimited sidebar possibilities
- Support 7 gallery styles with built-in Lightbox
- Intelligent related post system helps in increasing visitors’ sessions
- Translation-ready and easy to setup
Writee is a beautifully curated WordPress blog theme for food, travel, fashion, corporate, and others. It helps you create pixel-perfect page layouts and incorporate many amazing features for efficient blogging.
Writee is SEO-friendly and supports various post formats. You can use its translation feature to target global audiences. The theme is seamlessly compatible with all the popular WordPress plugins.
Key features of the Writee theme
- Various custom widgets help you add more functionalities
- CSSHero lets you customize the theme without coding
- The customizable header adds a personal touch to your blog
- Easy to create pages using the pre-designed blog layouts
- Has a full-width and boxed slider for highlighting the important content
- Fully responsive and translation ready
Ruki is a great WordPress blog theme to captivate audiences with impressive visual storytelling. You’ll get a variety of blog layouts in it, including grid, minimal, classic, and list. It can automatically adapt to any screen size.
Ruki offers AJAX-powered navigation and search options for enhanced user experience. The theme is intuitively customizable. It allows you to update its color scheme, typography, icon sizes, alignment, and more.
Key features of the Ruki theme
- Gutenberg-ready WordPress theme
- Widgets available for custom posts and social media
- Allows to add sticky header menu
- Includes a child theme and detailed documentation
- Supports MailChimp and many popular plugins
Tracks is another minimalistic WordPress theme for personal blogging sites. This is perfect for anyone who never used WordPress before and just starting. It’s dark color and simple design can help your content stand out without clutter.
You can use this theme for a travel blog, online newspaper, podcast, video site, and even on WooCommerce websites. The theme is fully compatible with the Gutenberg block editor. So, customizing the theme is very easy with Gutenberg plugins.
Key features of the Tracks theme
- Maintains a perfect balance between simplicity and boldness
- Embedded works well on all screen sizes.
- Offers over 50 social icons, a search bar, and comment control.
- Lays a solid foundation for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Translation ready and social media is seamless to integrate
Alia is a premium-minimalistic WordPress theme, standing out with its clean-sleek look and customization options to make your website truly personalized. The theme focuses on readability with clear typography on a clean and white background.
You can swiftly switch between the Dark and Light skins. Alia allows you to display your posts in different blog layouts. You can use the live customizer to instantly inspect the changes that you make.
Key features of the Alia theme
- Supports various post formats, including images, videos, audio, etc.
- Has several different header styles
- Includes a unique feature – Author Stories
- Offers multiple layout options (grid, list, classic, etc.) for content presentation
- Well-documented and retina-friendly
Note: Author Stories allow you to share personal narratives, insights, and experiences to establish a deeper connection with readers.
Hueman is a very well-rated WordPress theme for its lightweight power and mobile friendliness. Though the theme is suitable mostly for blogs and magazines, you can also use it on WooCommerce websites.
Hueman has both a free and premium version. The theme developer promises to release constant updates to resolve any emerging issues. So, you can rely on this theme without any second thought.
Key features of the Hueman theme
- Allows to enable infinite scrolling, automatic update, and stickiness
- Extensive customization options include updating the text, color, layout, etc.
- Unique widgets Hueman Post, Hueman Dynamic Tabs, and Hueman Video.
- Includes social links and is compatible with multi-languages
- Maintains a complete documentation
Bjor is garnered with a modern design and UI for amplifying the blogging experience while providing excellent content readability alongside. You can use a wide variety of pre-made blog layouts, post sliders, and templates for quick designing.
Bjorn offers you unlimited color schemes, Google fonts, sticky menu support, and more. If you ever want to convert your blogging site into an eCommerce site, it’s also possible, as the theme support WooCommerce.
Key features of the Bjorn theme
- One-click demo importer with many ready-to-use homepages
- Includes 10 theme-enhancing plugins for free
- 7 blog listing layouts and 5 widgets sidebars
- Dedicated ticket-based support system
- Supports infinity scrolling, tiled gallery, and contact form
Yaffo is a branded lifestyle theme WordPress blog theme. The theme is curated with an aesthetically tidy layout for highlighting your content and providing an excellent visual presentation of content. And the presentation works seamlessly on all devices.
Yaffo offers three variations for the homepage. They are Grid, List, and Classic layouts. These options allow you to select the one that suits your content presentation approach. The theme is a good choice for lifestyle bloggers with creativity.
Key features of the Yaffo theme
- Has extensive customization options, unlimited color, and 800+ fonts
- Includes 6 blog layouts and 4 post formats
- Supports sticky sidebars, Ajax search, and lazy loading
- Has integrations with WooCommerce and MailChimp
- Releases regular updates and detailed documentation
Bloxer is our last hand-picked WordPress theme for blog and magazine websites. The theme supports Gutenberg and GDPR policies. This offers additional leverage in managing privacy and content formatting.
You’ll find many pre-designed layouts in its library suitable for creative, lifestyle, wedding, technology, games, medical, finance, food, and many more blogs. The theme also supports page builders, giving you complete control over the visual aspects.
Key features of the Bloxer theme
- Supports Elementor, MailChimp, RLT, and more
- 10+ home, 4 category, and 8 post detail pages
- Includes 20+ custom Elementor addons with 30+ layouts
- Works smoothly on all web browsers
- Offers quick support with detailed documentation
Blogging is not just about sharing your thoughts with others pulsing the reader society through connecting shared feelings. It can help people living around with a way to get out of wrongdoing through sharing inspirational and navigation content.
Today, creating a blog is not difficult anymore. CMS like WordPress have made it so easy. Just get domain-hosting and configure them on WordPress using any theme listed above and start your career in online blogging.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase using any of these links, we will earn a commission without any extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.