Formatted text in content toggle renders html as unicode characters
May 24, 2023 7:58 pm
Video with audio is attached. (Note that in the video I accidentally inserted the content toggle inside a quote block, but the behavior described below happens even when I insert a new content toggle outside of other blocks.)
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new page or post.
- Publish the new page or post. (I was not able to repro just using unpublished drafts.)
- Add a content toggle to the new page or post.
- Add some text to the content toggle and make some of it bold.
- Update the page/post, return to the page/post list view in the WP admin area.
- Go back into edit mode for the page/post.
- The bolded text will now render surrounded with “u003cstrongu003e” and “u003c/strongu003e” on both the edit view and the published page.
I noticed this behavior was most common when I made the panel title text bold, but it also occasionally happened with the panel content text. Ampersands also sometimes rendered incorrectly.
May 25, 2023 2:54 pm
It might be an issue with the theme you’re using.
Can you please share the name of the theme you’re using right now?
May 27, 2023 11:08 am
This theme is not available on CodeCanyon now.
Can you please check after changing the theme to a default one (like Twenty Twenty-Three)?