A theme is a collection of files that work together to determine the layout and visual appearance of a website. It includes colors, designs, widgets, and many important elements.
Choosing the right theme has been so crucial for the success of any website today. Because they not only take care of appearance but also functionalities and user experiences.
In this article, we’ll talk about the 10+ most popular WordPress themes of all time, exploring their key features. This analysis will help you choose the perfect theme and kickstart your website right away. Keep reading!
|1||Astra||Multipurpose theme with excellent customization capabilities.||1+ Million|
|2||Divi||Multipurpose theme with a built-in drag-and-drop page builder.||800,000+|
|3||Avada||Multipurpose theme with Fusion Builder and Avad WooCommerce Builder.||900,000+|
|4||OceanWP||Versatile theme with extensions and customization options.||700,000+|
|5||Kadence||Block-based theme with flexibility and dedicated layouts.||300,000+|
|6||Neve||Super-fast and highly customizable theme for various purposes.||300,000+|
|7||GeneratePress||Multipurpose theme known for its incomparable page speed.||600,000+|
|8||Flatsome||Sleek and modern WooCommerce theme with impressive features.||200,000+|
|9||Storefront||Dedicated and free WooCommerce theme with clean and flexible layout.||200,000+|
|10||Sydney||Lightweight multipurpose theme with a full-screen header option.||100,000+|
|11||ColorMag||Magazine, news, and blog WordPress themes.||80,000+|
Astra is a multipurpose WordPress theme. It includes many exciting features and functionalities by which you can create almost any website. It offers excellent customization capabilities so you can enjoy maximum flexibility with minimum effort.
Multipurpose themes are usually a bit more heavyweight than any niche-based theme. But if you compare Astra with other multipurpose themes, it is definitely lightweight and fast loading. This is a key reason for the extreme popularity of this theme.
Astra is highly compatible with all the well-known page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, WP Bakery Builder, and SeedProd. So you can create custom layouts for the theme without any coding.
Besides, Astra has a library of many pre-built templates. You can use them to prepare the necessary web pages in short. Take a look at the top features of this theme.
- Includes header and footer options.
- Allows to create the sticky-transparent header.
- Layouts are customizable at different breakpoints for responsiveness.
- Seamless integration with WooCommerce.
- Translation-ready for creating multilingual websites.
- Includes 240+ readymade starter templates.
- Built-in social icon widgets.
Divi is another multipurpose WordPress theme developed by Elegant Themes. It comes with a drag-and-drop page builder built-in. So you won’t need any additional tools for designing your website.
You’ll find a range of website layouts and starter templates in its library. You can use them to design business, portfolio, eCommerce, food, health, technology, service, non-profit, and many other types of websites.
Divi is optimized for good speed and performance. Its built-in page builder often loads images and media files faster than Elementor. We’ve tested it several times in GTmetrix. We also assure you about its top-notch SEO functionalities and responsiveness.
But one drawback is you can’t purchase only this theme. You have to purchase the entire Elegant Themes package, which lists several other products, including this theme. Here’re the key features of this Divi theme.
- Drag-and-drop visual page builder for customizing web pages.
- 200+ full web packages and a total of 2000+ ready designs are available.
- Allows saving custom designs so you can use them later.
- Has options to add advanced coding and editing.
- Lets you do almost everything you can with Elementor.
- Email Opt-in provider supports you in building lists on any email platform.
- Works perfectly with WooCommerce and other plugins.
Know about the 30 best free Gutenberg themes for WordPress.
Avada is another multipurpose WordPress theme coming with a drag-and-drop page builder built-in, Fusion Builder. So you get the ultimate authority to customize every single part of page layouts to make them stunning and unique.
It also includes the Avad WooCommerce Builder by which you can decorate your online store with features like custom shop, cart, checkout, and more. You can use the available templates if you are short of time.
Since Avada has built-in page builders, you don’t need to install additional plugins. This will keep your website lightweight and load fast. Read out the key features of this wonderful WordPress theme below.
- Fusion Builder and WooCommerce Builder built-in.
- 120+ design and layout elements and 90 pre-built websites.
- The Mega Menu Builder helps in creating advanced menus.
- Integrates with all popular plugins like bbPress, Contact form 7, etc.
- Optimizes media files, JS, and CSS codes to uphold fast page loading.
- Offers comprehensive documentation and video tutorial library.
- 100% translation and RLT ready.
OceanWP is a versatile and hot-selling theme due to many good reasons. Though it has no built-in page builder like the above two themes, its default features and functionalities are enough to create super-gorgeous websites.
It includes a wide range of extensions and customization options. You can use them to build the header, footer, login popup, sticky footer, Woo popup, side panel, sticky header, social widgets, and more. It has a complete extension to display your portfolio in a beautiful way.
OceanWP also includes many dedicated layouts and elements for mobile and desktop-specific designing. See the crown features of this plugin below.
- Customizable header and footer builder.
- Extensive library with 210+ pre-built demos and templates.
- Unlimited color options and a vast font collection.
- Compatible with any page builder and supports WooCommerce.
- Optimized for excellent SEO performance.
- Translation-ready and supports global settings.
Kadence is a perfect choice for creating any professional and modern website. This is a block-based theme, and flexibility is its standout feature. You can choose from a wide variety of templates to get your site ready instantly or decide to start from scratch.
Even if you select any starter template, you can customize its header, footer, and other sections to make the layout unique. Kadence has secured integration with WooCommerce, form builders, and email marketing solutions.
You can use this theme on your WooCommerce store as well. Take a look at the key features of this theme below.
- Optimized for lightness and fast page loading.
- Design options include advanced color, font, social icons and menu styling.
- 80+ starter templates are available in its library.
- Compatible with the Gutenberg block editor and major page builders.
- Premium packages include additional tools like Kadence blocks, shop kits, conversions, and Kadence Cloud.
Neve is developed by the well-known WordPress agency Themeisle. Neve is one of their hot-selling products. This super-fast, highly customizable, and multipurpose WordPress theme is equally good for startups, SMEs, agencies, and online stores.
Neve cares a lot about mobile optimization, so it works well on all devices. It is fully AMP optimized. Minimalistic designs have made this theme intuitive, even for beginners. Understanding its eco-system won’t take you more than a couple of hours.
Starter templates will allow provide you with starting points. So you don’t have to waste time brainstorming to generate design ideas from scratch. See the killer features of this theme in the list below.
- Customizable header and footer via drag-and-drop components.
- 40+ starter sites and 100+ templates are available in its library.
- Compatible with Elementor, Brizy, Beaver Builder, and else.
- Advanced color pallets and customizable blog layouts.
- WooCommerce and SEO-friendly.
- Robust documentation and video tutorials are available.
You’ll find almost incomparable page speed in the GeneratePress theme. Speed and usability is its standout feature even though it’s a multipurpose theme. We’ve experimented with this theme several times in GTmetrix and got surprised with its performance every time.
But speed isn’t the only reason for its popularity. It provides the full advantage of the Gutenberg block editor by which you can create catchy web designs and exciting content. It works fantastically on all devices, from desktops to mobile phones.
If you have a plan to build a website that will handle tons of media files, you may use this theme to get speed leverage. Take a look at its key features.
- Supports both Gutenberg block editor and page builders.
- Adds 7.5kb to page size, which ensures superfast page loading speed.
- 95+ starter websites from different categories.
- Ready to be translated into over 25 languages.
- Advanced color control with powerful dynamic typography.
- 9 powerful widget areas and 5 sidebar layouts.
Flatsome is developed by the UX-Themes with the aim of upholding sleek and modern web designs. This is one of the most popular WooCommerce themes now. You can also use it for agency, freelancing, and company websites.
Flasome has impressive parallax effects, integrated wireframe kits, UX creator, Lottie elements, Native CSS-based sticky columns, auto-scroll, sticky sidebar, and more options. Whenever it faces a bug, the developer team solves it right away.
It has tons of exciting features. Some most impressive of them are listed below.
- Has a built-in live page builder and a large element library.
- 300+ pre-designed web layouts and sections.
- One-click demo importer with tons of ready templates.
- Incorporates the lazy loading feature to uphold speed.
- Includes mega menu and lots of WooCommerce elements.
If you are looking for a dedicated, free, and good-performing theme for WooCommerce, Storefront comes on the top always. This theme is developed by the company Automattic who also developed the WooComerce plugin.
So be assured there will be no conflict between this theme, WooCommerce, and all its other extensions. It has a clean interface and a flexible layout, presenting the web content in a grid system.
However, Storefront doesn’t offer you any starter templates. You have designed its layout and appearance yourself. Check the available features of this plugin in the list below.
- Clean and responsive layout optimized for SEO.
- Deep integration with the WooCommerce plugin.
- Support child theme for further customization.
- Default homepage settings display recent, focused, featured on-sale and top-rated products on the top.
- Lean and extensible codebase allows developers to extend the functionality of this theme through editing.
Sydeny is a lightweight theme you can use for multipurpose. One of its standout features is its header section. You can place full-screen images in the header with a call to action button.
You can also add a full-screen slideshow in the header section with a call to action button. Adding a logo and tagline can make the header section more attractive. Starter sites are available in its library.
So you don’t generate design ideas from scratch. It will save you valuable time. Like all the other themes, customization options are available here too. Below are its key features.
- Customizable color pallets and advanced typography.
- 20+ starter sites with a one-click demo importer.
- Extended header and footer modules.
- Template builder module with extra Elementor widgets.
- Optimized for SEO and compatible with all major plugins.
ColorMag is so far one of the best WordPress themes for creating news portals, online magazines, and blogging sites. This modern WordPress theme can help you create stunning websites perfect for both businesses and individuals to showcase their content in professional and engaging ways.
Whether you want to create your desired news portal or magazine site on health, food, entertainment, sports, and fashion industries, you’ll find tons of starter templates available in the theme. You just have to import the template you want for preparing your site.
Though the theme is highly suitable for news portals, blogs, and magazines, it has compatibility with the WooCommerce plugin. This means you can even create an online store or start selling membership services anytime without changing the theme.
In addition to these, ColorMag has many more exciting features. Take a look at some of its most standout features.
- Integrations with Elementor, Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, and more
- One-click demo importer
- 25+ ready-to-use starter templates
- Fast loading and highly optimized for SEO
- Offers advanced customization options (color, typography, and widgets)
- Professionally coded and well-documented
Without using a theme, you will never be able to present your web content to visitors in an attractive way. Unless you’re using a theme, you’ll need to rely on HTML and CSS coding for web designing, which will be so time-consuming.
Using a theme can save you from this problem. However, you can’t randomly pick a theme. Over time, you may need to update your web layout according to the changing demand of market audiences.
If not your theme has enough customization options by default, you’ll fall in peril. Switching to another theme may even worsen the situation. So you must consider each of these issues right from the beginning of selecting web themes.
All the themes that we have presented in the article have been able to meet each of these needs over time. Hopefully, you will also benefit by using any of these themes. Thanks for being with us. Happy reading!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase using any of these links, we will earn a commission without any extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.