Art gallery WordPress themes include a set of pre-designed styles, templates, and layouts determining the overall look and appearance for showcasing paintings, photographs, and any form of digital visual art through websites.
The global market size of the art industry in 2023 is around $579 billion, which is 31% bigger than the year 2022. Over time, this industry will keep growing and create opportunities for creative people and artists to make more money.
WordPress is a wonderful platform for creating art gallery websites without any technical hassles. In this article, we’ll introduce you to some best art gallery WordPress themes so you can create your dream websites overnight.
Number of Sales
Get into their details.
Arte is a stylish and premium WordPress theme for art galleries. It is well-suited for creating various museum galleries, exhibition platforms, expositions, and artistic display businesses, with large sliders and smart carousels.
Arte can help you create wonderful online platforms for displaying paintings, drawings, sculptures, photographs, and any visual art. It comes bundled with several premium plugins like Visual Composer, Slider Revolution, and Event Schedule.
As a result, you can enjoy many custom functionalities like grid creation, events schedule, timeline, journal, and more in the theme.
Key features of the Arte theme:
- Easily fit and ready to be customized for any art gallery
- Compatible with WPBakery Builder and WooCommerce
- Covers demo content and optimized for SEO
- Fantastic customer support with well-documentation
- Easy to promote upcoming events, exhibitions, and art shows
- Fully translatable and compatible with many popular plugins
- Offers several premium plugins entirely for free
Ozeum is one of the freshest and cleanest art gallery themes for WordPress. It includes many flexible and customizable functionalities to create modern art galleries, exhibition centers, online museum shops, art blogs, and digital art publishing houses.
Ozeum is built with Elementor. It means you can customize every part of your website if you have experience with the page builder. The theme also contains many other plugins, like Slider Revolution and Essential Grid, by which you can create more memorable experiences for your users.
Key features of the Ozeum theme:
- 6 stylish pre-built home page templates
- Compelling news and gallery layouts
- WooCommerce compatibility lets you sell any product
- Integrations with various social media platforms
- The Event Calendar allows you to promote your coming events
- Swiper Slider and custom post type options are available
- Video tutorials alongside comprehensive documentation
Galleria Metropolia is a polished-modern WordPress theme highly suitable for creating classic art gallery websites. The theme also provides portfolio functionalities so you can exhibit your creative photographs and artworks to allure potential clients.
Integration with WooCommerce allows you to create an online store and sell copies of your artwork. Built-in drag-and-drop functionality lets you customize any part of the website intuitively. The theme is super-responsive for all devices.
Key features of the Galleria Metropolia theme:
- Multiple Grid and Masonry puzzle layouts for portfolio
- Puzzle, Grid, Masonry, and Timeline layouts for the blog page
- 99+ custom shortcodes for extending block functionalities
- Add animations to create your content parts more engaging
- A form builder to help you collect leads
- Includes premium plugins like Events Calendar, Mega Menu, Layer Slider, and Revolution Slider
- Offers you a money refund based on some conditions
Muzze is perfect for creating online museums, art galleries, events, exhibitions, and exhibition platforms. The theme is suitable for showcasing all types of artworks, including science, history, and vintage niches.
Its inbuild manager lets you manage online bookings, donations, events, exhibitions, artists’ profiles, and more. You’ll find a good collection of demo templates in it to get your website ready overnight.
Key features of the Muzze theme:
- 10 demo templates to design necessary pages
- Flexible event management system with 3 event list page templates
- Compatible with WooCommerce and Elementor page builder
- Contains an online booking system
- Have 4 different image galleries and 3 stunning blog layouts
- Allows to create detailed pages for artists and individuals
- Offer robust documentation and 24/7 customer support
5. Red Art
Red Art is a creative WordPress theme to create stunning portfolios alongside gallery websites. The theme is ideal for photographers, designers, art collectors, sculpture artists, design teachers, tattoo artists, and more.
You can also use this theme to publish vlogs, travelling blogs, and video portfolios. Red Art is perfect for a wide range of niches. You can use it to build websites for fashion, fitness, mechanical, and drinking content.
Key features of the Red Art theme:
- Covers demo pages on various niches with awesome header variations
- Easy to switch the layout to dark and light with just one click
- Has 20+ color skins to realize creative design concepts
- Comes with Revolution Slider and Visual Composer for free
- Integration with WooCommerce lets you create online stores
- Includes 7 gallery styles and tons of shortcodes
- Offers live support, well documentation, and video tutorial
Hellomouse is a versatile WordPress theme for freelancers and creative people. It provides you with tons of opportunities to create a solid online presence by showcasing the images of your creative works through online galleries.
The theme is developed by CSSIgniter – a renowned WordPress theme developer. So you never have to worry about its performance, loading speed, support, and other issues. These can help you technically in terms of SEO.
Key features of the Hellomouse theme:
- Equally compatible with Gutenberg block editor and Elementor
- Intuitively customizable every single part of your website
- Lets you create online stores with the power of WooCommerce
- One-click demo importer helps you get your site ready overnight
- You can create personalized color schemes as you want
- Provides premium support with regular updates
Peak is a grid-based modern WordPress theme containing optimized masonry tiles layout for any screen size. Though tiles in the layout are auto-populated in the grids, you can modify their sizes through the customization option.
Peak is a multipurpose theme. You can use it for eCommerce, blogs, magazines, portfolios, and vlogs alongside the art gallery websites. A standout part of the theme is you can claim a refund within 30 days of the purchase if you don’t like the theme.
Key features of the Peak theme:
- Offers the built-in Themefy drag-and-drop builder for easy customization
- Widgets and shortcodes can help you fill up unnecessary gaps without coding
- Pre-designed demo content is ready to save you time
- The Child Theme protects the original theme from getting disordered
- Supports WooCommerce for online store creation
- Optimized for SEO and WPML compatible
Eclipse is a minimalist theme with the power to create a heavy impact on photography and blogging sites. There are some people who love to showcase artworks with a detailed history and documentation behind them.
Eclipse will make it easy for you to do this. The theme is very simple and easy to use. As it integrates with WooCommerce, you can create a store and sell useful items to the coming visitors.
Key features of the Eclipse theme:
- Using Visual Composure, you can customize the color and font for branding
- Theme Option Panel lets you change every detail of the theme
- Multiple templates are available for gallery, homepage, and blog layouts
- Offers infinite scrolling and beautiful responsiveness
- A 14-day money-back guarantee without any question
Artist Portfolio is a free WordPress theme created especially for graphic designers, photographers, art lovers, and a myriad of creative professionals. The theme provides top-notch experiences for both web owners and visitors by having a strong focus on security and clean coding.
Personalization is so easy with the theme. You can easily customize its color scheme, fonts, typography, and logo to give your website an extra touch of professionalism. It can give your artistic career solid ground.
Key features of the Artist Portfolio theme:
- Secures clean codes to make your web pages load faster
- Compelling CTA buttons help in conversions
- Bootstrap framework provides a user-friendly interface
- Supports you in uploading a custom logo and favicon
- Layouts are retina-ready and mobile-responsive
Loquet is one of the best feature-rich WordPress themes for creating captivating art gallery websites. You’ll find almost all the features of the themes we have covered so far in the above parts of this article.
Its advanced customizer will let you meticulously modify every single part of your website for the exact branding you want. It includes light and dark skin, color customizer, Adobe toolkit, Google fonts support, and more!
Key features of the Loquet theme:
- Cover 20+ stunning pre-designed website templates
- 100+ inner page designs with different vibrancy
- Compatible with Elementor and WooCommerce
- Built-in event and exhibition listing management systems
- Incorporates many premium plugins for free
- Premium support and robust documentation are available
If you are looking for a multi-purpose WordPress theme that is also suitable for creating art gallery websites, you must try out Mooseoom. It includes various unique service pages so you can offer relevant services to the customers.
Mooseoom is great for creating pages for exhibitions, galleries, awards, magazines, locations, and every that an art gallery site needs. You never have to worry about its speed and performance.
Key features of the Mooseoom theme:
- 10+ inner page templates with mesmerizing layouts
- Equally supports Gutenberg and Elementor
- Has WooCommerce integration to create online stores
- Seamlessly works with all the browsers
- Covers step-by-step documentation
Having a personal website is not just a choice. It can be a canvas where you can present your creativity and get people worldwide to look into it. And if you are an artist, we don’t need to explain it more because we believe you already know about it.
Indeed you’ll find lots of other themes. But the ones we have listed in this article have been well-judged and studied for their features, ratings, reviews, customer support, etc. We ensure that you’ll never get scammed after purchasing them.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase using any of these links, we will earn a commission without any extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.