Priority Support

If you’re a Pro user, please open a support ticket.

Notifications
Clear all

Open toggle block by default when the anchor link is in the URL

Topic starter
(@ellipsis)

I’m not sure if this is possible, but it would be great to have a functionality where a toggle block with set ID is opened by default if its ID (anchor link) is used in the url.

For example, I have a page with 20+ toggle block, all closed by default, and I want to link one of the toggles from a different page, let’s say it’s 15th toggle from the list, and I assign an ID “linked-toggle” ( https://tppr.me/Qniyt). When I visit the page using the www.website.com/page#linked-toggle, it scrolls down to that toggle, but it would be useful if that toggle could be opened by default when visiting from www.website.com/page#linked-toggle URL.

Hope I explained that clearly.

Let me know if there’s any chance we could get this feature.

7 Replies
Admin
(@imtiazrayhan23)

You can already do that.

When you are editing a panel, head on to Advanced section of the block options. 

You can put the ID there that can be used as the anchor.

Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Kind regards.

raka
(@raka)

Hi, 

I am also trying to do this, and have added anchor link in the Advanced section of the block option. However the link with the anchor goes to the full page, and does not automatically open that particular section. Any suggestions please? 

Admin
(@imtiazrayhan23)

Hi,

Please share a link where we can check it out.

Kind regards.

1 Reply
 raka
(@raka)

@imtiazrayhan23 Thanks, this site is very much in development so I will delete the link after you’ve seen it – but here is an example of what I mean: https://dev.sanskritexams.org.uk/books-materials/#free-books

‘free-books’ is in the Panel ID in the Advanced section of the toggle block. Can you see what I am missing? 

Thanks very much, best regards. 

(@nskpbrijb)

Having the same issue. I have anchor tags given to both the panel block and as well as a heading (H4) inside the panel. When you click on the link with the anchor, the toggle is not expanded to the link. I tried giving both (panel anchor and heading anchor) in the URL, but it wont expand panel and show the heading.

2 Replies
(@nskpbrijb)

Anything on this please ?

Admin
(@imtiazrayhan23)

@nskpbrijb Working on it right now. I am not sure if we can add it in the next release. But definitely in the one after the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Kind regards.

Introducing New Table Block Plugin - Tableberg

X
Need help?