Can you imagine a website without buttons?
Well, there are hardly a few sites that don’t have buttons. Most websites use buttons to invite users to take action.
Yes, the button is the most powerful call-to-action element. It heads users in the right direction and makes your site user-friendly.
Now when it comes to adding buttons in WordPress, you can use the default Button block to add simple buttons. But if you want advanced and conversion-optimized buttons, you need to use a button plugin.
There are a handful number of WordPress Button plugins available. Here we will be talking about 7 such plugins.
You can choose any of these plugins and create your buttons without any worries. Now let’s check more details of these plugins.
Ultimate Blocks is an all-in-one blocks plugin for Bloggers. It has more than 20 custom Gutenberg blocks. One of the blocks is Button (Improved).
The Button block lets you add beautiful buttons to your WordPress posts/pages. You will be able to customize the size, width, and border of the button. You can also add an icon to your button and change the color for both normal and hover states.
The plugin also comes with a Call To Action block that lets you add call to action boxes with buttons like this –
Now let’s see some of the amazing features of this plugin –
- 20+ Custom Gutenberg Blocks
- Easy to Use and Customize
- Lightweight and SEO-Friendly
- Highly Customizable
- Enable/Disable Individual Blocks
It’s a free plugin. You can download the plugin from the WordPress repository.
Shortcodes Ultimate is the leading WordPress shortcodes plugin that supports both Classic and Block editors. It comes with all the necessary elements for your WordPress posts/pages. The Button element is one of them.
There are shortcodes for many elements including audio, video embeds, maps, sliders, tables, etc. Once you try this plugin for buttons, I bet you won’t be disappointed.
It offers you several styling options with a live preview option. You will be able to see your elements including the button in the live pane as you edit it. In short, this is a plugin that offers many functionalities and elements including buttons.
- You can instantly add shortcodes with a single click only.
- This plugin is fully compatible with both classic and Gutenberg editor
- You can add custom widgets and you can add those in your sidebar.
- You can edit CSS of your buttons int the CSS editor.
- Do not provide vast customization as other dedicated buttons plugin does.
The pro version of Shortcode ultimate adds some extra elements and you can purchase the single site license for $39, 5 site license for $59, and an unlimited site license for $99.
If you are looking for a buttons plugin that will help you to create all sorts of buttons then you are looking at the right plugin. MaxButtons is one of the best WordPress button plugins. It specializes in different call-to-action buttons along with social profile and social share buttons.
Its been over a year now since MaxButtons has arrived in the plugins market and currently it has more than 100,000+ active users. With the MaxButtons plugin, you don’t need to know code, you will be able to create any sort of buttons with a user-friendly interface. As you customize your button, you will be able to see it live in the preview pane.
After the button customization is complete, you will get a shortcode. Later on paste the shortcode anywhere in your posts, pages, and even in widgets. There are predefined style is available for all sets of buttons and you can even start customizing from this point.
The share button of MaxButtons includes almost all the popular networks including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Create unlimited buttons with zero code knowledge.
- Beginner-friendly user interface.
- Button customizability freedom
- Comes with both free and pro version
- Comes with shortcode support therefore you can publish your buttons anywhere you want without any sort of hassle.
- CSS3 compliant buttons that allow you to add gradients and shadows.
- Comes share button with a set of various social networks.
- Comes with different page builder integrations.
- Most of the customization is in the pro version.
The free version of MaxButton can be downloaded from the WordPress plugins directory. If you want the pro version, then you can browse their website and purchase the 1 site license for $24, 3 site licenses for $49, and unlimited site licenses for $69.
If you are looking for a comprehensive plugin in the market for adding buttons to your pages and posts, then Button X is the right choice for you. This plugin is entirely customizable, there is no design that you can not achieve with the Button X plugin.
There are many demo buttons that you can get started with, you can pick any of the buttons and customize them to your desired look. In button X, you can change everything from the color to button text. Its live preview allows you to see every change that happens in live.
Button X plugin comes with more than 50+ hover animations and 30+ reveal animations. This helps the call to action get more attention on the page. It has added compatibility with many plugins including WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, etc.
If you want to see click track records, you can also do it with this plugin. As it has this feature built-in.
- Power to create awesome looking dual buttons
- Button override function for several plugins
- Support popular page builders like Visual composer, live composer, beaver builder, elementor, etc.
- Offers support for popup and lightbox plugins.
- Track every button click in Google Analytics
- Unlimited customization options
- All the lucrative features are for the pro version only.
For a single site license of Button X, you have to spend $22. This license includes 6 months of support and future updates.
The name of the plugin tells the whole story by itself. After using this plugin you won’t have to worry about the shortcode buttons. You will be able to add buttons directly in the editor without the need for shortcodes.
Editing a button is very much easier in this plugin. All you have to do is double click a button and the options panel will appear, then you will be able to customize the button in the way you like. This plugin uses CSS to add buttons to your posts and pages instead of adding shortcodes in the post editor.
It comes with Dashicons & Fontawesome icons to add to your buttons. After all, it’s your button and you can customize it with Forget About Shorcode Button in any way you want.
- Add buttons and widgets without using any shortcodes
- Buttons can be edited very easily with the plugins options panel.
- It offers you Dashicons & Font Awesome icons to your buttons.
- It’s better for classic editor rather than block editor.
This plugin is entirely free and you can download it from the WordPress plugins directory.
If you are looking for a simple solution then the Button plugin can be your choice. It helps you to create and generate buttons in a simple way. You won’t have to go through a complex procedure, only some clicks will be enough to create a button with this plugin.
The buttons of this plugin are pre-customized, if you like to customize again you are welcome to do it. There are seven social sets and nine other sets of buttons come in this plugin. If you wish you can have a live preview of the produced pieces.
You can entirely customize your button with gradient color, different font sizes, shadows, borders, and other styles.
- Easy to use & beginner-friendly
- Seven social sents and nine other sets of buttons.
- Customizability freedom
- Lots of customization options may confuse you.
The pro version of this plugin will cost you $15 a year for 1 site license and $62 a year for an unlimited site license.
Add social share icons and buttons easily with Social Share Icons & Social Share Buttons plugin. It will take only a few clicks to add any sorts of buttons. This plugin is entirely free to use and helps you to grow your audience right away.
It doesn’t matter if you are using classic or block editor, this plugin is compatible with both editors. It comes with 16 different design styles for your social media share icons. You can easily set your preferred one on your website.
Moreover, this plugin supports popular social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, etc.
- Customize your button in the way you want.
- 16 lucrative designs for your social share buttons.
- Animated social share buttons
- Block editor compatibility
- Different plugins integrations
- No mention-worthy cons were found.
If you want to purchase the premium version of this plugin then you have to spend $29.98.
I hope now you will be able to choose one WordPress button plugin from the above list. If you are using any different WordPress button plugins rather than this list then feel free to share it with us. If you liked the post, please share it with your friends and leave your thoughts in the comment box below.